Thera Cane Massager Review: Ideal for the Back, Neck and Shoulders
If you’re looking for a back knot massager, then you’ve certainly come to the right place. Read more about the Thera Cane, a top-quality self massage tool that works miracles for people with back and shoulder pain.
Is it right for you? Find out more here.
- Thera Cane is a trigger point massager
- Treat painful knotted muscles on your own
- Superior design, function and performance
- Made in the USA the Thera Cane is 24”x15”x1”
- Registered with the FDA for over 30 years
Theracane Review: Is it the Right Self-Massage Tool for You?
Is it a hook? Is it a handle? Well, to tell you the truth, those thoughts were circling around in our heads when we first got a glimpse at this unusual but soothing device.
If you’re someone who experiences severe pain in several areas around your body, then the Thera Cane Massager is the ultimate solution you need.
Along with the TriggerPoint Acucurve, the Theracane is one of the most popular massage canes in the world.
What is the Thera Cane Massager?
The Thera Cane massager is a tool shaped like a cane that measures in at 25 x 15 x 1, weighs approximately a pound, and has six different pressure knobs that are designed to reach as well as massage any muscle knot or sore spot on your body that you may have.
It may be cheap but it’s actually quite efficient and more cost-effective than a trip to a spa, or getting treated by a massage therapist or a chiropractor.
If you want to learn more about this back massage cane, then you can head over to Amazon.com. Also be sure to check and see if you can get free shipping on in it with a Prime membership.
The Purpose of the Thera Cane Massager
The Thera Cane Massager is a breakthrough in physical therapy in that it works by achieving “myofascial release.” This term refers to the fibrous thin and tough tissue that connects, surrounds and protects your bones, muscles, nerves, and joints.
When it comes to the term’s “release” part, it refers to the phenomenon during traditional massage therapy. This process involves massage therapists kneading and twisting knots of tense muscles which feels like heaven for the patient.
Relieves all Kinds of Pain
Myofascial release relieves all kinds of pain, including migraines and another type of pain known as referred pain, which is one pain in one area can be the source of pain in another area.
What’s more, is that myofascial release also improves your lymphatic and blood circulation, can help treat those with limited mobility like arthritis patients, and best of all, help you feel incredibly relaxed and limber. Even though it doesn’t address the underlying disease, the Thera Cane Massager prevents muscle deterioration, which therefore reduces discomfort and pain.
Ideal for Hard to Reach Areas on your Back
With the Thera Cane Massager, the muscle knots are loosened up and the blood flow is brought back to aid in healing. And because it’s lightweight and flexible, the massager can also be used to reach hard-to-reach areas like the space between our shoulder blades. This is especially ideal for those who prefer self-massage but desire something that gives them more leverage and reach.
Ideal for Office Workers
This nifty massager also works great for office workers who usually sit all day long in front of their computers and patients who suffer from fibromyalgia, pinched nerves or anything else as such. And when combined with good posture, some stretching exercises, and a healthy balanced diet, just about any can cope with their pain and improve their level of functioning.
Thera Cane Pros
- Because it’s made in the United States, it’s easy for users to contact the manufacturer of the massager and ask for a replacement in case the product is defective.
- Comes with protection against breakage or a lifetime guarantee.
- Very durable as it’s made from hard plastic or fiberglass.
- A much better way to relieve muscle stiffness on your back or feet than rolling tennis balls. To make it more interesting, you can also use the massager while you watch TV or read a book.
- You’ll be able to save up more money that you would otherwise for a visit to the spa or book an appointment with a massage therapist. In addition, you can also get those hard-to-reach spots on your own without having to rely on others whose hands may be too weak for the task.
- You decide on the intensity of the massage. You can either choose to let your hands do the work for a lighter approach or lean against it for a deeper massage.
- Since it isn’t an electronic device, it won’t make any noise while you watch TV, or even take a bath.
- It’s portable and convenient enough to be stored in your travel luggage.
- The instruction manual that comes with the massager is filled with clear and precise illustrations and instructions on how to use the product. It also includes stretching exercises which you can use to prevent strain on your muscles when you use it.
- Since it’s not powered by electricity, you can use it wherever and whenever you like.
Theracane Massager Review
Thera Cane Cons
- You’re the one doing all of the work, and it could be really tiring to use the massager on knots that take longer to loosen up.
- Because it’s not electronic, it doesn’t come with features that other users appreciate, including heat function and vibration.
- First-time users might be at a disadvantage when using this massager as they might overdue and end up with sore muscles the next day.
What Do People Think about the Thera Cane Self Massaging Stick?
“I’m a pharmacist so I’ve certainly seen the first-hand effects of pain meds. When I injured my back, I decided to try natural means instead of relying on drugs. Thankfully, I came across this back massager cane that worked better than just about anything else that I’ve tried. I now stock it my drugstore and recommend it to everyone on pain meds for their back.”
“I struggle with a lot of back pain and a frozen shoulder. After using this at night for a minutes and then in the morning when I wake up, I’ve managed to reduce my pain by at least 50% throughout the day. It’s kind of a game-changer for me and I’d recommend it to just about anyone.”
“It takes a while to get used to it so just push through the pain at first. But, then it’ll just start to feel good and it really does work at getting those kinks out, especially around the shoulder blades.”
Quality and Durability of the Theracane
The Thera Cane Massager is a product of immense durability and quality. Beyond the seemingly cheap “plastic” exterior is a strong material with a smooth finish. Not to mention, it’s quite comfortable to hold and use.
Take Caution When Using the Thera Cane at First
If you’re buying this massager for the first time, there’s something you need to be wary of before using it. The Tera Cane’s six relaxation knobs are noticeably hard, which is what you may feel upon initially trying it out. Because of this, it can be relatively easier to apply too much pressure on problem areas, even though you never intended to.
There is a learning curve to it, but when you’re trying the Thera Cane Massager out for the first time, be sure to be as gentle with the product so you get an idea about the optimal intensity of the massage. You also should get the thought about curing all of your aches and pains away in a single day.
How to Use the TheraCane for Neck and Shoulder Pain
Bottom Line For this Therapeutic Cane
Other than its non-electronic features and learning curve, the Thera Cane Massager is an all-around excellent product to relieve you of some of the most commonly annoying and hard-to-reach pain spots on your body. And because it’s made of heavy-duty plastic, it’s guaranteed to work for years, which isn’t what electronic-based back massagers are capable of.
Where Can I Buy It?
You can easily find this therapy cane online. Check now for the best prices and also to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Are there Any Alternatives to the TheraCane?
That’s a great question and we’re happy that you asked! There are indeed other massage canes that you might want to consider. Here are some of our top picks:
How Does the Theracane Compare to a Foam Roller?
As you might guess, we’re ALL about foam rollers here at this website. We love using them to relieve any and all aches and pains. However, there are certain situations in which we recommend other things like a massage stick, lacrosse ball, or something like the Theracane.
Foam rollers are ideal for hitting bigger muscles groups, like the buttocks, legs or the muscles that run up the side of the hips. The spiky foam rollers (like the Rumble Roller for example) can get into those smaller areas a little bit better, but it’s still not great.
That’s where something like the Theracane can come in handy. It’s almost impossible to foam roll the muscles in and around your shoulder blades. But, with the Theracane? No problem.
Plus, the other handy thing about the Theracane is that you can use it while you sit and watch TV. Foam rolling is a bit more of a full-body workout, so if mobility is a bit of an issue, then consider this instead.
Here are some of our top picks for foam rollers:
Have your Say about the Thera Cane Massager
What are your thoughts about this top-quality self-massage device? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help others, like yourself find this useful resource.
- What Size Foam Roller will Work for Me? | Foam Roller Sizes - September 26, 2019
- RumbleRoller Review | Best Foam Roller | Sizes of Rumble Roller - September 25, 2019
- AcuCurve Massage Cane Review - May 13, 2019
Last update on 2020-03-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API