Best Leg Roller: Idson Muscle Roller Stick | Foam Rolling Stick
Are you looking for one of the best leg rollers? Then this one from Idson should be at the top of your list. Read our buying guide packed with information and more details to help you decide if it’s right for you.
Idson Roller Stick: The Best Leg Roller
The Idson Muscle Roller is a #1 best seller on Amazon and is one of the best leg rollers that we’ve come across. Unlike traditional foam rollers, where you have to move your body on top of it, you move the roller itself.
The Best Muscle Tissue Massage
This muscle rolling stick is a great option for those who want to experience myofascial release, but don’t have the mobility to do some of the traditional foam rolling exercises. You can also use this to hit tendons, which a traditional roller isn’t great at.
It’s also a great tool for those who wish to give someone a serious massage, but perhaps lack the hand strength to do it as hard as necessary. This is impossible to do with a traditional foam roller, which requires body weight.
The Ideal Massage Tool
It’s very easy using this Idson Roller to get the force necessary to release serious knots and release the trigger points. Try it out for yourself! We’re sure that you’ll see some serious results after only a few weeks. Less stiffness and pain? Love it!
Increase range of motion, as well as blood flow with this roller stick.
- MUSCLE ROLLER STICK to ease and condition muscle soreness and aid recovery, reduce...
- GREAT DESIGN - Made from high quality industrial strength materials and built to last...
- VERY PORTABLE - Only 17.5x1.5 inches(44cm/2.5=17.5inch) and 9 oz this is the ideal...
- Muscle Roller Sticks are recommended by physical & massage therapists and personnel...
- Product is backed by our 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, satisfaction assured, no...
Why We Love the Idson Roller
As far as these products go, we love this one from Idson. It’s well designed and does exactly what it says it will do-aid in recovery after a tough workout by reducing stiffness and pain. This leg roller is cheaper than many of the others roller sticks out there, but has better reviews and a higher rating on Amazon.
It’s made from industrial strength plastic and designed to last a lifetime, even with heavy use. This thing really is extremely durable and it’s hard to see how it could possibly ever break!
Massage Roller Stick: Ideal for Legs
We consider this one from Idson a top leg roller. It can be difficult for some people to position themselves correctly on a foam roller to get the release that they need. Plus, you need to put a lot of force on the roller to roll out the thighs effectively but you may not have enough body weight to do this effectively.
However, a rolling stick makes it easier than ever to hit the gluts, IT band, hamstrings or calves easily and effectively. It’s a very effective way to relieve those aches and pains you may be experiencing.
All of these reasons make the Idson our top pick for leg roller. The length is perfect for this use.
Deep Tissue Massage at Home
You have to pay a lot of money to get a deep tissue massage, right? Not anymore. Get a massage roller like this one and you can do it yourself at home. It’s easier than you might think to release a trigger point with a massage stick. It’s cheap and effective.
Ease the tension in your body and improve flexibility with a self-massage. Just remember that speed is not your friend here. Take your time and do it slowly in order to get the best results.
Where Can I Buy this Muscle Roller Stick?
Keep on reading for the pros and cons of the Idson Roller. Or, head on over to Amazon and check it out for yourself. Don’t forget to see if it’s eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership. Add it to your cart today:
Idson Roller Sticks Pros:
- Cheaper than most of their competitors
- Best seller status on Amazon
- Industrial grade plastic (extremely durable)
- Releases trigger points, reducing stiffness and pain after a tough workout
- Small in size, ideal for travel and taking to the gym
- Perfect for calves, gluts, and hamstrings
- You can also apply pressure to your neck muscles easily for a comfortable massage
- The perfect tool for a home therapy routine
- Easy grip handles
- Made from durable thermoplastic rubber handles
- Ergonomic design means your hands won’t get fatigued from using it
- Can treat as well as prevent injuries
- Can target large muscles groups like the quads, as well as smaller muscles
- Ideal for inner, as well as outer thighs too
Idson Roller Stick Cons:
- Some people found the rollers too close together to work effectively
- Others wanted more prominent knobs in a stick roller
- Can pull your hair!
- May not get into small areas like under the shoulder blades as well as a massage lacrosse ball
Muscle Roller Review
What Customers are Saying about the Idson Roller Stick:
“I use it to roll sore muscles in my legs, particularly my calves and hamstrings. It also works great for feet, which I do after every long run. It’s small, lightweight and portable enough that I take it with me when I go travelling. You can stop your search for the best one—it’s right here. I just lie on the floor for a few minutes each night and do my exercises and it’s made a huge difference in pain levels so far.”
“The Idson Muscle Roller Stick is a great self-therapy tool for muscles, tendons and lightly over the joint areas. I use mine after all my workouts. This thing makes it easy to vary the level of pressure you apply, unlike with a normal foam roller.”
“This rolling stick is helpful in relieving tight muscles and great for hitting trigger points. It allows you to reach areas you would not be able to reach ordinarily with a regular foam roller. My physical therapist used it on me and I liked it so much that I bought my own for at home.”
The Takeaway on the Idson Muscle Roller Stick, the Best Leg Roller
If you’re looking for a top-quality muscle roller stick at a reasonable price, this one from Idson certainly makes a great choice. Although some people on Amazon mentioned that it’s very flat and doesn’t have knobs, or balls sticking out from it, this isn’t what it’s designed to be. If you want a roller stick to massage bigger muscles groups, this one from Idson is the one for you.
This Massage Roller Stick: Not for People with Hairy Legs
One thing worth mentioning is how it pulls your hair! If you’re a hairy person, and don’t shave your legs but plan on using it for a legs roller, you might be very unhappy. The rollers are very close together and it’s easy to grab your hair, which certainly feels very unpleasant.
Otherwise, a Nice Rolling Stick
However, if you’re not a hairy person and want a basic, flat stick to perform self-massage, this one makes a great pick. It’s very affordable, durable and although simple, does what it says it will do!
Although it’s a very general rule, most experts recommend sticking with a bit of a softer stick or foam roller if you’re a beginner. This is because this kind of self-massage can take some getting used to, in a serious way. Then, once you’re used to that, you may want to progress to a firmer one.
The Idson roller muscle stick is medium-firm and we recommend it for most people, except total beginners.
Shop Now for Muscle Rollers on Amazon
If you’re looking to relieve muscle pain and stiffness, check out the Idson Muscle Roller Stick on Amazon today. Check now for the best prices and also to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Compare Rolling Sticks
Here are some of our top picks for roller sticks if you have tired, sore muscles:
Tips for Using this Muscle Roller Stick
There are a few general principles to keep in mind when you’re getting started with a muscle stick like this one. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Most lesions or sore spots require about 30 seconds of work before they’ll release (about 20 progressively deeper passes)
- You’ll know it’s a trigger point when you experience some pain as the stick rolls over it
- Avoid rolling the shins (and directly on the spine as well)
- Try to keep your muscles relaxed as you’re doing this. Depending on the area you’re working, you may have the best results sitting, standing or laying down
- You can use the rolling stick on bare skin or with light clothes (may work better if you have lots of body hair)
- It should be a bit painful but you don’t need to push past extreme pain, or actually hurt your muscles in order to help them
- Can be used before, or after activity
Using a foam roller stick can assist in recovering from injuries, as well as prevent injuries by increasing circulating, and increasing range of motion.
However, you must be patient with it when you’re just starting out. It does take a while to learn how to use it correctly, and also to learn what works best for your body.
Start a regular routine and stick with it for at least a couple of weeks. Our guess is that you’ll start to notice some results after that that amount of time.
Have your Say about these Muscle Stick Rollers
What’s your top pick? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. It’ll help other people, like yourself find this useful resource for relieving ache and pains.
Besides that, you can often find her at the local CrossFit box, or outside in her kayak.
Last update on 2019-07-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API