Beastie Ball Review: The Ultimate Massage Ball?
Are you looking for a top-quality massage ball with a stand to help release those trigger points and make you feel better? Then the Beastie Ball from RumbleRoller should be at the top of your list.
Read our buying guide packed with information to help you decide if the Rumble Rumble Beastie is the right pick for you.
- Uniformly spaced, high-profile bumps for deepest muscle penetration
- X-Firm bumps
- The Base orients the Beastie so that one of its bumps is held firmly in a straight-up...
An Introduction to the Rumble Roller Beastie
If you’re looking for something that’ll target those tiny little spots in your back, shoulder blades, neck, calves or other areas of your body, then the Beastie Ball may make a nice choice for you. It’s a spiky plastic ball that’s extremely firm and can target areas of your body better than a larger firm roller, or smooth ball can.
Do you want to find out why this ball is one of our top recommendations if you’re serious about myofascial release here at this website? Then keep on reading!
What is a Beastie Ball?
Have your heard of the Rumble Roller before? It’s one of the most popular foam rollers on the market today. The Beastie Ball is made by the same company.
Basically, it’s a small, spiky ball that’s designed to provide a deep massage. It’s able to get into those small, tight spots better than a regular flat roller could. It’s the nastiest, knot-busting massage ball that we’ve ever run across. So, if you’re serious about hitting those trigger points, this small massage ball might be exactly what you need.
Many people use lacrosse balls, but in our experience, the Beastie Ball works better because of all the knobs on it.
How Does the Rumble Roller Beastie Ball Work?
Whether you use a small massage ball, or a regular foam roller, the theory behind them is all the same. Surrounding your muscles is a layer known as fascia. This sticks to itself as well as the muscles. This is known as a trigger point and can cause pain and lack of mobility.
Using a roller or massage ball to break up these trigger points can help increase mobility and make you feel better.
You’ll want to position it so that a spike (or two or three, depending on how big the trigger point is) rests on the sore spot that’s tight and/or tender. Then, you apply pressure (usually 20-30 seconds) and this trigger point should release.
You may find that the base can assist you in preventing the ball from rolling around. This is far preferable for many areas of the body than a regular lacrosse ball.
- Various color options (clear, and green)
- Different firmness options (regular and extra-firm)
- Various accessories (hook and stand)
- Replicates a deep tissue massage
- Waterproof and non-porous (easy to clean)
- Bacteria resistant
- Comes with a base or hook
- Ideal for those tricky, hard to get spots
- Perfect for travel
Where Can I Get It?
You can find this top-quality roller ball with stand online. Check now for the best prices on it this, along with all sorts of other foam rollers and massage balls:
Beastie Ball Pros
- Excellent customer reviews
- Rumble Roller is one of the best companies in this area (they make one of the best foam rollers)
- Two different firmness options
- Because of the raised bumps, it can get into spots that flat massage balls can’t
- Durable enough that it should last a lifetime
RumbleRoller Beastie Cons
- May be too firm and a bit aggressive for some
- More expensive than something like a lacrosse ball
- Not ideal for all body parts
Which Areas of the Body Does the Rumble Roller Beastie Ball Work Well For?
There are certain areas of the body that this small ball works very well for. They are often the areas that have small trigger points which a regular roller can have a difficult time hitting. They are:
- The calves
- Upper back around the shoulder blades
- The neck
How to Use the Rumble Roller Beastie
What do People Think about the Rumble Roller Ball?
“I decided to get the regular firmness one and it was enough for me. I can hit all my trigger points pretty easily and I love that it’s small enough to bring with me on vacation or to work or whatever. Great product at a nice price and the stand makes it easier to use for certain areas of the body.”
“I was going on a big cross-country ski trip and knew that I’d be pretty sore if I didn’t so some self-massage at night. I’d normally use a foam roller, but obviously needed something smaller and lighter to bring with me. After some research, I went with the Beastie and I’m very happy with it! The relief it brought was pretty incredible.”
“It hurts, a lot when you first start using it but over time, you’ll start to feel better. I have some knots in my lower back that never seem to go away. A month with this thing? They’re just not there anymore and I feel way better.”
Beastie Ball Review
What about Using a Lacrosse Ball?
So, you may be thinking to yourself, when not just use a lacrosse ball of some kind for like half the price? That’s a great question and we’re happy to answer it for you.
According to the company, they say that the Beastie Ball is better than a smooth ball for the following reasons:
- It can offer a deeper massage, which means deeper release
- It’s waterproof and resistant to bacteria, unlike other balls which can absorb sweat
- It comes with a base, which makes it much easier to use
That said, if you’re just getting started with using a massage ball, then the Beastie may be a little bit too aggressive. We generally recommend starting with something like a lacrosse ball and then working your way up to the Beastie once you get used to it.
- IMMEDIATE BENEFITS - Self myofascial release eliminates muscle knots and tension....
- EASY TO USE - Simply lean on the massage ball and use your own body weight and...
- MASSAGE ANYWHERE - Perfect for use while sitting on any chair, laying in bed, on the...
- DURABLE - 100% Solid Rubber Construction. Official size and weight makes it great for...
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase of the...
What about the Rumble Roller?
The company behind the Beasties make a really nice foam roller as well. It’s one of the top-rated ones here at My Foam Rollers and there are a ton of reasons to consider it over their competition.
Like the Beastie Ball, the Rumble Roller is very firm, and also has bumps all over it. This makes it ideal for hitting those small little areas that may be hard to target with the smoother rollers.
However, if you’re looking to foam roll larger areas of your body like the IT band, hamstrings, or quads, it probably makes a better choice than a massage ball.
- Combination of hard and soft, with a standard diameter.
- Specially designed shape with bumps which feel like thumbs of a massage therapist.
- The bumps of RumbleRoller knead the contours of your body while you massage.
- It is quick at relieving pain for your common muscular problems.
- This roller is a great deal more forceful than the traditional roller and can get further in the muscle belt to achieve the hardest trigger focuses.
- You can always control the pressure of bumps on your body through some simple techniques.
- It is more flexible, soothing, and relaxing for your body’s needs compared to other foam rollers.
- Fortify further layers of muscle tissue.
- RumbleRoller stretches your muscle in different planes.
- Choice of color (black or blue)
“This foam roller is worth every single penny. My only regret is not getting one far sooner than I did-all that wasted money on massage appointments! It’s perfect for getting into those trigger points.”
The Takeaway on the Rumble Balls
If you want a small massage ball that can target areas of your body in a way that something smoother and bigger can’t, then the Beastie Ball makes the perfect choice. You may want to use it for the following areas:
- Pecs: Can dig deeper into them than other massagers can
- Triceps: But be careful to not be too aggressive
- Forearms: Same as triceps, be gentle
- Quads: Try different positions with the legs, and it may be painful going too low to the knee
- Hamstrings: Bend knee at 90 degree angle to get the best results
- Upper traps: Hands may be better than against the wall with the Beastieball
That said, it’s very firm and you need to be careful about how you use it. For example, don’t put your full body weight on it, especially when you’re first starting out. This could be extremely painful and might even cause injuries.
When you’re foam rolling, you want to get that, “Hurts so good” feeling, but there’s a line you cross when it’s definitely too much. We’d generally recommend starting with a lacrosse ball first to get used to it, and then working your way up to something like the Beastie.
Does it sound like the Beasty Ball might be exactly what you need to get those kinks and aches and pains out of your body? You can easily find it on Amazon. Check now for the lowest prices, and also to see if you can get free shipping with a Prime membership:
Have your Say about Rumble Roller Beastie Balls Review
What are your thoughts about these spiky plastic balls? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other people, like yourself find this useful resource guide.
Last update on 2021-01-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API