A foam roller can be used for many different types of workouts. There are different texture rollers for muscle and tissue needs. A rough roller may be used to decrease muscle pain, tension, spasms, knots, kinks, and tightness. Not all rollers have the same outcome or are used for the same reasons.
A rough, hard roller is great for people who can handle a deep tissue massage. People who are not able to handle a deep, painful massage may want to use a foam roller that is softer. Choosing the right type of roller for your muscles can make a big difference.
It is important to review foam rollers to find the right one that will work best for what you need. If you’re looking for pain relief and decreased tension, then a rougher roller may be the right product to purchase. If you need a foam roller that provides relaxation and massage, then a foam roller that is not as tough may be a better choice.
When finding a good product, do research to find one that will benefit you the most. You will want to find a foam roller that will give you the maximum amount of relief.
TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller with Free Online Instructional Videos, 2.0 (26-inch)
- Patented construction and design
- Outer multiple densities
- Relieves knotted muscles
- Loosens knots in muscle tissue
- It is effective and sturdy
- Used by many professional physical therapists
- Trusted and utilized by athletic trainers
- The roller offers a stable shape and effectiveness with each use
- Can withstand up to 500 pounds of weight
- The mini GRID can withstand up to 250 pounds of weight
- The foam roller alleviates pain and tension
- Improves circulation and balance
- The GRID has an instructional online video
- The GRID foam roller alleviates prolonged pain after use
- Durable center core that will not dent or wear out after several uses
- The GRID structure allows for an individual muscle workout
- This foam roller easily contributes to spine alignment
- It relieves pain from the back, hip, legs, and neck area
- An impressive core-strength builder
- Its solid structure makes it easier to eliminate tough knots and kinks
- The foam roller works great to loosen muscles before a workout
- The foam roller gets into the pressure points and loosens up the tightness
- Helps improve flexibility and decreases pain that is in the spinal area
- The size of the GRID foam roller fits normal body size with ease
- The foam roller needs a better expanded instruction manual
- It needs to come with better user support
- Not the best option for first-time foam roller users
- The online video lacks information for other parts of the body that need to be massaged
- The foam roller videos need to be more instructional and expanded
- Price could be cheaper considering the roller is made of foam and plastic
- Not easy to use unless you are familiar with the foam roller process
The TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller has overall positive customer reviews. People who have used it have enjoyed the benefits the roller has to offer. It has proven to be a great product that loosens up the muscles and reduces pain in the body. Some customers have stopped pain medication and quit going to physical therapy appointments after using this product.
Once people have learned the proper way to use the foam roller effectively, it is beneficial to the muscles and pressure points. The GRID foam roller has helped people with different pain and muscle problems. It has also contributed to the decrease of muscle and joint stiffness in different areas of the body.
Freory 3 in 1 – Large 18 Inch Trigger Point Foam Roller
- Large myofascial foam roller
- Exercise foam roller
- The massage stick is used for deep tissue massage
- Three options to improve workout needs
- The thick foam roller massages your body
- Decreases muscle soreness and stiffness
- Perfect body fit
- The foam roller weighs only four pounds
- The rollers are 18 inches long
- Can be used before an extensive workout to loosen up the muscles
- Works well for rehabilitation
- Decreases muscle injury
- Is usable for exercise, therapy, sports training, and pain relief
- The three rollers can be used together or taken apart for different workouts
- Each roller has different features that relieve pain and muscle tension
- The products come with a little carrying bag that the pieces conveniently fit into
- The roller is a solid density and strength, as advertised
- The documentation that comes with the products provide useful information
- It comes with useful links that describe, in detail, the products every usage
- Instructions that detail how to put the pieces together and take them back apart
- The rollers can be used for a better pain-free performance
- The rollers are sturdy and hold up to everyday use without any problems
- The products foam and core are made of high-quality material
- These rollers loosen up the skeletal muscles in the body
- It is of great benefit to use this product before and after sports for muscle relief
- A good workout for muscle groups that are hard to loosen up
- Can be used for home, office, or travel
- Easily fits together, or can be used separately, for a wonderful workout
- The rolls that are constructed on the stick move for an intense massage motion
- A few customers found the roller to have some bending in the center
- The rollers can get stuck in the hair
- The tote bag to carry the 3-in-1 foam rollers could be bigger
The Freory 3-in-1 foam rollers have numerous positive reviews. One roller appears to be very useful for loosening up the bigger muscles in the body. The second roller works well for getting into the tougher muscles and loosening them up. The third is a massage roller that can be used on the muscles to relieve tension and knots.
All three have a unique purpose and can be used together at once. Customers are able to take advantage of the 3-in-1 foam roller for any workout style.
The product comes with a free carrying bag that has an adjustable string. This seems to be a nice bonus, and keeps the pieces all together. It is not too big and is light-weight. The size of the foam rollers makes it better to take on the go. It helps relax muscles, relieves pain, and loosens up knots that can accumulate in the body.
The reviews report that this product is very useful and would be recommended to other individuals who need muscle therapy.
Rumble Roller – Textured Muscle Foam Roller
- The Rumble Roller has a unique design
- It has numerous bumps that are flexible but offer a firmer feel
- The bumps offer a proficient massage texture that is comparable to a human massage
- The roller can be used to knead the muscles throughout the entire body
- It works through the tissue and muscles to loosen them up
- The soft tissue will get stretched with a back and forth motion of the roller
- Rumble Roller relieves tense areas in the body
- This product will dramatically decrease muscle pain
- It increases muscle and joint flexibility throughout the body
- It is strong enough to loosen muscle tightness
- Not rough enough to harm the bones or spine
- The Rumble Roller has been used and tested by a laboratory for safety and efficiency
- The 2008 Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act approved this product
- It has extremely low phthalates and leads
- It is safe for kids to use under the age of 12 without any concerns for safety issues
- The Rumble Roller is free of latex material
- The roller loosens up tight muscles and stiff joints
- Improves range of motion in the body
- It gets into the muscles for a deep tissue massage
- Works well on the neck and hamstrings
- It is wide and easy to move around the body to reach each muscle
- This roller is a great fit for relieving IT band pain and tightness
- It loosens kinks and knots in the muscles and tissue
- The roller is very durable and can last for years with everyday use
- It can be taken with you while traveling
- After you get used to it, the body will feel like it has been massaged
- Loosens up muscles before and after exercising
- Relieves muscle spasms in the back and legs
- This product is easy to use and works the knots out of the body
- It works, but takes time to get used to the roughness
- Can be too firm for some people
- The roller can leave bruises until the body gets used to it
- The size and length of the roller were smaller than described
- The extra firm option in this roller can be painful to use
- The bumpy knobs are very rough and firm which can be hard on the skin
- It is tough to use on sensitive skin
- Not recommended to use on the neck area
- Not recommended for first-time foam roller use
The Rumble Roller works well for relieving tight and painful muscles. It seems to be very resourceful in getting into the hamstrings and deep tissue. Customers have mentioned that it feels similar to receiving a deep tissue massage after several uses. This product is not for everyone.
People who are sensitive, or cannot handle deep painful massages, may not handle this type of roller very well. Those individuals who were able to handle the deep massage had a positive experience with each use.
It can cause bruising at first until the body is used to the texture and pressure of the roller. Overall the product relieves pain and tension. It is not recommended for people who have never used a foam roller before. Consumers recommend gradually working up to this roller once the body is used to this type of workout.
OPTP PRO-ROLLER Soft Density 36″ x 6″ Foam
- The OPTP Pro Roller is constructed for extreme usage
- This roller can be used in rehabilitation facilities and fitness clubs
- The roller is made with cell foam that is cross-linked for durability
- It has a less intense feel and is gentle to use
- Works great when used for a soothing and relaxing massage
- This product works well for relieving tension
- This roller is 36 inches long and 6 inches wide
- It can be used for stretching, yoga, physical therapy, Pilates, and exercise
- The roller is textured for relieving soreness and tightness of muscles
- The roller has a cushioned feel that is not as rough as a regular roller
- It is a good fit for people who are not able to use a rough roller
- It offers a comfortable and relaxing massage
- The price is cheap and the product feels good on the muscles
- It is sturdy, durable, and keeps its shape
- This softer roller is firm enough to loosen up tight muscles and does not leave you in pain
- There are instructional videos online that offer techniques and workouts
- The soft roller loosens up the muscles all over the body
- The roller is not too soft, but soft enough to use without causing pain
- Works well at aligning the spine
- It strengthens the core muscles
- The roller improves posture
- It helps relieve the pain of osteoporosis
- Very comfortable to lay down on for reducing tension in the body
- A good option for MELT classes
- The softness makes it difficult to do core exercises for Palates
- Not hard enough for deep therapy, but soft enough for massage
- The product was not the same roller as pictured and described
The OPTP Pro Roller is soft but durable. Users have enjoyed the roller and it is not rough like the most solid rollers on the market. It works well for massaging and loosening muscles. It can be used on all parts of the body and does not leave the body feeling sore for days after use.
Consumers who enjoy the deep tissue rollers are not as pleased with the softer roller. This roller seems to be a good fit for people who cannot handle the rougher foam rollers. People who have sensitive skin and cannot handle pain will benefit from this roller very much.
Master of Muscle Unisex Foam Roller
- The Master of Muscles Unisex Foam is 24 inches long
- It offers effective muscle relief
- The roller is constructed with EVA foam for intense tissue massage
- This foam roller works great for Yoga, fitness training, Pilates, and gym workouts
- The design is made with knobs that allow a deeper muscle massage
- You have complete control of the pressure and movement along the body
- The deep tissue massage relieves soreness and knots
- This product works well to release tension in the back, quads, hamstrings, and ITB
- It is a good choice for pre-workout sessions
- The roller helps to improve performance and endurance
- Works well for rehabilitation and decreasing injury
- Is effective in decreasing pain, soreness, and tightness in the body
- The large size is a good fit for a full body massage
- The bulges of the roller dig deep into the muscles
- A diagram poster is included with the roller that shows examples of exercises
- It relieves the knots that occur in the legs
- Loosens up the tightness in the back and thigh muscles
- Reduces the pain of sciatica tissue
- Eliminates sore and stiff muscles in the body
- It is a durable and sturdy roller
- It is great for use before and after exercise
- Myofascial release and deep tissue massage that decreases pain
- The knots on the roller can get into the tissue and muscles more effectively
- Not a good roller choice for beginners
- The length of the roller was too long for deep massaging
- The roller can be too hard for back muscles
- Hard to get the roller to roll properly
- It is too soft for deep massages
The Master of Muscles Unisex Foam Roller has many positive reviews. It seems to be a good fit for people who do not want extra soft rollers. The roller is not as hard as other rollers and is great for people who want a texture that is in between hard and soft. It is made for both male and female users. The roller has proven to get deep into muscles and tissue.
The roller offers a comfortable, but firm massaging. The length allows for a full body and muscle workout. It helps relieve pain and tension all over the body. This roller can be used for exercise purposes, therapy, prior workout use, and post workout use. It can loosen up muscles and relieve tension. It appears to be a good product for people to use.
All of these foam rollers have great qualities. They all have effectively relieved muscle spasms, muscle tightness, tension, soreness, pain, and other types of muscle and tissue needs. They have been proven to be easy to use and most of the foam rollers offer instructions, videos, and diagrams that show users how to properly use the rollers.
All of the rollers are a fine choice for muscles, tension, pain, and massage needs. Although the rollers are similar in the effects that they can produce, the texture they offer is different.
The soft roller is a better fit for people who cannot handle the rough and tough massage and workout. The soft roller is better for people who need a workout and massage with minimal pain and after effects.
The rougher rollers are more equipped for individual who enjoy the deep massage of muscles and tissue. These types of rollers are a good fit for people who need the rough workout for tough muscle problems.
The other rollers like the Master of Muscle is a better choice for people who need something a little tougher than the soft roller, but not as rough as the firm roller. Each roller is a good choice. The individual who is purchasing will be the one to decide the type of firmness they need for their workout.